[mythtv-users] Upgrade to VDPAU or fix my xorg file

Stephen Peters steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jun 3 19:53:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

This might be off topic, so sorry if it is.

I have a problem. My office computer running ubuntu 9.04 just can't get
2 graphics cards to work at the same time, no matter what i do with
xorg. So i am thinking of upgrading my mythbox to a vdpau capable card
and taking the nvidia 7300 from my mythbox and sticking it into my
office computer to get dual monitors working.

Since a lot of people on this list are (in my opinion) experts with
their xorg setups (you kinda have to be with mythtv), i thought i'd
check with the list readers and see if anyone here is running two video
cards on ubuntu. My two video cards are ATI Rage XL 8mb pci cards (and
the intel onboard card for the dell 4700 desktop). I have 3 monitors,
but just getting two of them working would be great. Right now i'm stuck
on just one monitor.

I've tried posts on ubuntuforums and linuxquestions, but have really
gotten nowhere.

Thanks for any help provided.

-Steve