[mythtv-users] Questions about HD-PVR and VDPAU

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:15:38 UTC 2009

I have a couple of questions after playing with the HD-PVR and VDPAU.
I'm running MythDora 10.21, with 0.21-fixes patched with HD-PVR and
VDPAU support, and the nVidia 180.51 driver.

1. I also have a PVR-150.  When the system boots and mythbackend
starts, the HD-PVR gets /dev/video0 and the PVR-150 gets /dev/video1.
I would actually like that to be reversed since the hdpvr module has
the video_nr=1 option.  Is there a way to get the backend to add this
option when it needs to load the hdpvr module?  Or another good
solution?

2. I set up a VDPAU playback profile, and I had to use Bob 2x as the
1080i deinterlacer.  This is because of that weird tendency for 1080i
broadcasters like NBC to mix progressive and interlaced frames.  I
have some content like this from the HDHR.  Bob is the only VDPAU
deinterlacer that plays this content smoothly (even "none" was jerky),
so I can't really experience the ecstasies that people report about
Advanced 2x.  Is this likely to be something nVidia fixes in the
driver, or is it going to be the responsibility of something on the
myth side?

Jim