[mythtv-users] Problem with 1080i h264 video - video appears to be twice as long as it should.

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed Jun 3 16:31:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Patch is available here:
>> http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mythtv/24_newfix_h264_frame_counting.patch
>
> Thank you! I just built this and have started recording. I'll post my results.

Initial testing looks good - a newly recorded show has the correct
length. I'm waiting for mythcommflag to complete to see if the
commercial skip is good. Neither mythcommflag or mythtranscode will
recordings that are already bad, but I honestly don't care. I'll keep
testing and make sure that things are working well.

Unfortunately the h264/OSD glitches are not fixed, but I think that's
more of a VDPAU issue than anything else - I'm probably pushing my
8200IGP to the limit and it can't keep up. I'll look into getting a
fanless 9500 or 9600.

--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,