[mythtv-users] Problem with VDPAU after broadcaster changes it encoder

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:09:40 UTC 2009

2009/6/2 David Wong <david.wong at marvel.com.hk>:

> Thanks Mark for your testing.
> It is interesting that you have different result.
>
> In my environment the two SD channels are all fine.

I've just updated the driver to 185.18.14. Playback of the separate
channels (i.e. 3 different files) is the same but if I now play the
full transport stream, it selects J2 and plays it back flawlessly.

Strange.

Do you have separate clips from those 3 channels that mythtv has
recorded? Would be good to confirm no demuxing issues.

I suspect the particular flavour(s) of h264 being used is handled
differently by my 9500GT and your 9300M which may account for some of
the differences.

regards

Mark