[mythtv-users] oversized screen resolution after upgrade from f8 to f10

Shanon Swafford listbox at swaffordfamily.com
Tue Jun 2 05:49:11 UTC 2009

>There are plenty of examples on the web, and even sites that "compute" them
for you, here
>for example.

I just found this how-to and it helped me a bunch.

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1003099&page=2> &page=2

It's all manual but after an hour of gyrating between "tweak and save
xorg.conf" then "init 3;init 5" from another ssh shell, I now have modelines
for 720p and 1080i  with I'm guessing one pixel of overscan!  Myth looks
great on my Asus M3N78 PRO -> "PANASONIC CT-30WX15" via HDMI.  Only problem
with outside of Myth.  At 1080i everything outside of Myth is too small to
see and in 720p the X dialog boxes are too big to see all the dialog.  Not
sure how to fix that yet.