[mythtv-users] How to find an album in MythMusic interface?

paul10 at planar.id.au paul10 at planar.id.au
Mon Jun 1 21:09:34 UTC 2009

You can find an album in the normal play window by using the random/sort
(press 2) to get to the album sort.  It sorts by artist then album.  This
method relies on you having all your music in a single playlist somewhere.

I'd love to modify the tree view to show not just an artists list, but
also an albums list.  It is plausible that this would work well.  The main
area of gripe is not something myth can fix - which is that I have quite a
few albums labelled "Greatest Hits".  Unfortunately myth thinks they are
all the same album.  I could code it to sort by album then artist, but I
then run into a problem with compilation albums. I think we could get
close, but it still wouldn't be perfect.