[mythtv-users] Mutually exclusive input devices?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:28:18 UTC 2009

I got the HD-PVR working in the 0.21-fixes branch.  I noticed that
changing channels while watching live TV always seems to crash the
player.  That's not a problem for me, but it will be a big problem
when my in-laws visit in two weeks.  I still have the PVR-150 hooked
up, with the STB outputs going into both the PVR-150 and the HD-PVR,
and of course they use the same channel-changing script, but for now I
removed the Input Connection for the PVR-150.  For the in-laws, I was
thinking of keeping both the PVR-150 and the HD-PVR active, with a
lower priority on the PVR-150 so that it's basically used only for
live TV.  But of course I wouldn't like for the scheduler to try to
use them at the same time, and I would want HD-PVR recordings to be
rescheduled if live TV is being used.

For a single input device with multiple inputs, you can make the
inputs mutually exclusive.  Is there any way to do this for multiple
input devices?  Any other thoughts on how to deal with this?

Jim