[mythtv-users] HTPC Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo E

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Mon Jun 1 09:44:58 UTC 2009

Per Jørgensen skrev:

>> I have one of these as a frontend, stuck an 8400GS in it and it plays
>> HD fine.  No problems with sound (using ALSA:default) or the LCD (what
>> device had you set in your conf
>>
> Think this has something to do with the HVR-1300 used as tuner - cant
> get sound from either
> one or other without running this command:
>
> arecord -D hw:1,0 -c 2 -r 48000 -f S16_LE -t wav | aplay - &
>
> Ans perhaps I'm owing to say this runs as frontend/backend!
> So the problem should be about the input choice.
> Trying another card !
> Thanks ( allso for LCD!)
> tv-users
snip:
Well the Codecs on the audio is ACL880 - but have another on the
medietuner - so I'll get sound with the above command.
But I'm tried to compile alsa from scratch - same problem - Compile a
new kernel - same problem.
Is it me that can't see the logic in this about the having a analog
tunercard/and an internal soundcard - and getting the sound from the
tuner through mythtv ?
I have set the tunercard - as default (dev/dsp )
And from there have tried all setup in the Mythfrontends ?? So do not
having a clue about getting this to work!

Per Jørgensen