[mythtv-users] Quick opinions

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jun 1 07:35:37 UTC 2009

Matthew Keefe wrote:
> I guess part of the problem is that I'm no sure exactly what kind of
> viewing/transcoding/comflagging I'll be doing as this will be my first
> mythtv experience...that works anyway :)

I have a relatively slow Core2Duo CPU (1.8Ghz) in an FE/BE box with a
single disk unit.   atop rarely shows either core loaded above 30%, but
disk load during transcoding, mplex etc is usually above 90%.  It looks
to me as if raw CPU speed is not the most important factor in (SD)
system performance.

John P