[mythtv-users] Recording from TV whilst watching a video

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 21:30:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Leigh
Sharpe<lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au> wrote:
> Nothing in dmesg to indicate any issues. I had been watching live TV
> earlier in the evening, so I'm pretty well convinced the capture card is
> OK.
> According to lspci, it's a:
>
> 02:01.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc.
> CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
> 02:01.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI
> Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
>
> According to the box, it's an Ultraview DVB-T PLUS
>

> Nothing in /var/log/messages, either.

Check for odd errors  in dmesg, potentially hours or days earlier.

I have had pci bus issues result in the capture card locking up and
mythtv thinks it recorded something, but the size is zero.   When this
happened I was unable to get anything else to record on that card
until I power cycled the machine.

If you have a bad or really poor incoming signal for some reason you
will also get a 0 size with no obvious errors.