[mythtv-users] stereo+AC3/DTS sound to both analog+digital outputs

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:28:35 UTC 2009

2009/7/30 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 07/30/2009 10:19 AM, Petr Stehlik wrote:
>>
>> Allen Edwards píše v Čt 30. 07. 2009 v 07:12 -0700:
>>>
>>> asound.conf:
>>>
>>> pcm.!default {
>>> type hw
>>> card 0
>>> device 0
>>> }
>>
>> I don't remember having any default asound.conf (it might be hidden
>> somewhere in /usr/share/alsa/something). As for .asoundrc I explained
>> that situation in my original email.
>
> The above re-definition of the default audio device will break any non-48kHz
> audio playback.  Either delete your /etc/asound.conf (using the ALSA
> defaults) or do it properly.
>
> Mike

So what was Steve getting at?  I know Petr's setup will not work so
don' t need to know that.  Remember, the goal here is to get analog
and digital at the same time.  Petr wants to drive a TV and a 5.1
system.  Steve alluded to some setup and I thought I replicated what
he was saying.  I wanted to know if I understood what he was saying
before taking the time to try it.  Personally, I have worked this
issue a lot and don't think it can be done but would love to be shown
wrong.

By the way, Pert, if I misunderstood and you just want to drive two
spdif systems, most MBs have a second spdif connector and I have
posted an interface to make that work previously.

Allen