[mythtv-users] stereo+AC3/DTS sound to both analog+digital outputs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Jul 30 08:16:46 UTC 2009

Robin Gilks píše v Čt 30. 07. 2009 v 13:21 +1200:
> > Hi,
> >
> > first the goal I'd like to achieve: to lower the power bill by not
> > running my 5.1 receiver when not necessary (an overkill for poor stereo
> > sounds of most recordings). Also the receiver eats 40W when idle and
> > they often forget to turn it off after watching something.
>
> Tackling the problem rather than the symptom, why not make sure the amp is
> turned off...

the receiver is not Myth-only, it's also a FM radio and is used for
other sound sources (like standalone DVD player).

> and the script which blanks the TV and allows it to go into power save and
> power the amp on/off.

I have considered that but I don't think it's feasible... imagine for
example that someone (like a wife) turns on radio to listen to music and
in a few minutes MythTV turns it off...

Petr