[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 28 19:42:47 UTC 2009

Dale Pontius wrote:
> The current tool is "nvidia-settings", and it's been pretty well proven
> to not work for 8xxx+ cards.  However, as mentioned before, the system
> I'm using now has an nVidia 6200, and last night I looked with a mirror,
> and it has an S-Video connector.  So I dug out the manual, and sure
> enough, it has TV-Out.  One of these days I'm going to swap.

I would check the driver version you want, I think you need the 173 driver - and a compatible card - which means <= 5xxx NVIDIA
cards - check the reference I gave you.  I don't think a 6200 will be any better, except to use less power!

Also I suggest that you read about S-video on wikipedia.

I have no experience of radeon cards, Plan C might be good too?