[mythtv-users] Changing default seek amount

Matt Laird lairdm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:23:23 UTC 2009

I've been hunting around on my machine and google for about two hours,
and I'm hoping someone could assist me with a simple question.

How does one change the default seek/skip amount for the internal
player during playback of recordings?

Defaultly Up/Down and PgUp/PgDown all skip 10 minutes forward and
back, I'd like to change Up/Down to 1 minute instead.  I did this on
my old myth box, but unfortunately it's been a few years since I set
that up and can't recall where the setting was.

I've found reference to .lirc, however I'm running mythbuntu and in
that directory the format seems different, it's broken down by
application and I don't see the same seek +30 and such I'm finding
through google.

If someone could point me to the correct config file for setting this
default I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks.