[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jul 26 20:24:41 UTC 2009

On 07/26/2009 12:33 PM, Srinivas Gowrisanker wrote:
> [jimmy at linuxhome ~]$ irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 2
> gives nothing. Its supposed to change the stb channel to 2?

Yes.

> I do have the stuff for happauge remote and the stb remote in one
> lircd.conf file. See attached file. I have also attached the channel
> change script.

You have the stuff for *a* hauppauge remote, there are several. :) So if
its not working, try with all of them in there, then figure out which
one is the right one.

> I have alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c in /etc/modprobe.conf

Remove that. Its completely unnecessary. And wrong, since you're using
lirc_zilog.

> I have the IR blaster connected to the pvr card (in direct line-of-sight
> to stb).

Line-of-sight at what distance? I think that one is a short-range
transmitter, intended to be stuck to the face of the cable box.

> I have to get the happauge remote working first?

No.

> [jimmy at linuxhome ~]$ sudo modprobe lirc_zilog
> [sudo] password for jimmy:
> WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
> belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/lirc, it will be
> ignored in a future release.
>
> The modules are not loading properly I guess or I dont have the proper
> files at the proper place. What is the right way to do it?

They're just warnings. You're not supposed to use /etc/modprobe.conf
anymore, everything is supposed to go into /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf, and
files that don't end with .conf (like your lirc one) are going to be
ignored in the future. So don't use /etc/modprobe.conf, and rename the
lirc one to lirc.conf, and the warnings should go away.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com