[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Srinivas Gowrisanker sgowrisanker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 01:56:06 UTC 2009

This is driving me nuts (getting the remote control) now!! Here is what
I have done so far
I pretty much followed this
(http://solargap.wordpress.com/2007/06/03/mythdora-40-and-hauppauge-pvr-150-with-ir-blaster-support/)

1. placed happauge PVR-150 firmware in /lib/firmware
2. used the script changing channel.pl (when I dont use this the script
I could just use the Motorola QIP-2500-3 remote set to ch 3, start
mythtfrontend and use the remote to watch tv controlling the stb, now
mythttv will not respond to the remote). But when I use the script the I
loose tuning and can't watch anything, but mythtv frontednd responds to
the remote!
so when I do
sudo /usr/local/bin/change_chan.pl 2
channel changing 2
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE blaster 2
irsend: unknown command: "2"
There is something wrong with the script!!
3. I used the QIP6200-2 for my lircd.conf from
(http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/QIP6200-2) for my stb
remote. THis has the same number inside the battery compartment as mine!
also used part of lircd.conf (from the very first link in this email)
for my greay happauge. THe happauge still does not work!!

I am actuall lost at this point. If someone can walk me through that
will be great!!!

Thanks
Jimmy