[mythtv-users] Alternatives to cable firewire

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:17:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Oz<ozdror at adelphia.net> wrote:
> hi,
>
> My cable company finally blocked all the good channel for firewire
>
> for example when I change channel from PBS to NGC (all in HD)
> I get this error
>

> LFireDev(001BDDFFFE088551), Warning: No Input in 750 msec...
>
> Any Ideas for alternative HD DVR with mythtv.

Hauppauge HD-PVR and the due-very-soon MythTV .22

> What about Directtv over firewire

Someone will doubtless say "oh yeah, I heard some DirecTV/Dish/etc.
boxes have firewire outputs."  They always do.  Unfortunately in my
experience with myth, I have NEVER heard of an actual (currently
available and compatible with current codecs) box for either provider
with firewire, nor of anyone capturing with Myth with them.  In my
experience, it's 100% hearsay.

Robert