[mythtv-users] question/set top box

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sat Jul 25 15:01:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Srinivas
Gowrisanker<sgowrisanker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few days back I changed my cable service provider (to verizon FioS) and now
> I have connected the set-top box to my PVR150 coax input. I am not able to
> scan any channels successfully. THe input connections have "no grabber",
> "schedule direct" and EIT.
>
> How do I configure mythtv directly conneted to the stb?

Howdy Srinivas,

But mythtv isn't connected directly to the stb, correct?  There is a
PVR150 between the two.  The coax output of the FioS box is likely
always one channel (3?) and they intend on you changing channels on
the FioS stb.

There was a discussion just a few days ago about FioS.  With at least
some FioS boxes, seems people are successful not only channel
changing, but also retrieving video directly from it via firewire.

   Marc