[mythtv-users] Best PCI HD capture card?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:52:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Arthur H. Hamm
> Jr.<badnewseveryone at izzy.net> wrote:
> > I need a PCI card for my myth box. I am a little afraid of the HD-5500's
> raw
> > output and have read bad things about the HVR-1600. The HDHR sounds a
> little
> > funky...
>

> > How about some recommendations from people who have different cards they
> can
> > compare?
> >
> > --
> > Arthur H. Hamm Jr.
> > BadNewsEveryone at izzy.net

Is there a reason you need a PCI card?  I have the HDHomeRun and I love it.
Tech support is very good (they have an IRC channel).  It grabs QAM and ATSC
at the same time if you want (it has 2 tuners on it).  It uses ethernet to
get the stream into your computer (very easy) and totally supported in Myth.

Jim