[mythtv-users] I used dvdbackup -M to copy DVDs to drive. Now what?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:36:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Tom Dexter<digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the mythvideo setting where you configure player settings for file
> types, that's what the VIDEO_TS setting is for.  In the example you
> mention, the directory file_for_storage created by dvdbackup will
> contain a sub-directory named VIDEO_TS.  Based on that, mythtv will
> treat the directory file_for_storage as VIDEO_TS and will play it
> based on the command you configure (or the internal player if you
> choose that).  To play it with xine from mythvideo, you can use this
> command setting:
>
> xine -pfhq dvd:/%s

> ...in the above example, that ends up doing:
>
> xine -dfhq dvd://full/path/to/file_for_storage

Oh you sweet talker! That worked like a charm. This has vexed me for
some time! I thought the "dvd://" was a MPlayer thing and there are
mentions of it in the MPlayer man pages, but no mention in the Xine
man pages. How'd you know?

> I actually have mine set to use the command:
>
> xine --post tvtime -pfhq dvd:/%s
>
> ...and have this in the ~/.xine/config for my mythtv user:
>
> gui.post_plugins.deinterlace:tvtime:method=GreedyH
>
> ...in order to get nice tvtime deinterlacing of DVDs.

This too worked like a charm, and once again I query, "How'd you
know?" As there is nada in the man pages on this.

Again -- Thanks a bunch