[mythtv-users] nvidia 8200 IGP HDMI Audio

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:20:15 UTC 2009

In another thread
phil.linttell[at]rogers.com mentioned using audio over HDMI with an
nVidia graphics card.

I have a SFF PC with nVidia 8200 IGP and HDMI out.  It is capable of
supporting audio over HDMI.

The last time I tried audio over HDMI, I couldn't get it working.
Plus, I think I read somewhere that the best you can hope for with the
linux nVidia drivers is stereo over HDMI and not 5.1.

Do people have it working?  What is involved?

I'm running:
trunk (currently r20949)
Mythbuntu 9.04 (with standard mythtv packages removed)
Linux 2.6.28-13 i386
nVidia drivers 190.18.

Thanks for any advice

Zach