[mythtv-users] No FFWD in Mythmusic for recordings made after 9th June

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jul 23 17:30:36 UTC 2009

Hi:  I've only recently begun to experiment with Mythmusic, using it at
present as a very simple player.  I have a collection of mp2 files made,
mostly from recordings of dvb radio channels, with

'mplayer -ovc=null -dumpaudio -dumpfile outfile.mp2 infile.mpg'

Mythmusic sees recordings made after 9 June as
    "'Unknown Artist', 'Unknown Album', 'filename'";
they play from the beginning but the progress bar is at full scale and
PageDown restarts playback instead of Fast Forwarding.

Earlier recordings appear as "'myth', 'foldername', 'filename'" and play
as expected.

This is on 64-bit fc10 running Yeechang's build of 0.21 fixes from
ATrpms.  At present I'm not sure what changed on the critical date, but
does anyone recognise what I might need to do to get back to the earlier
behaviour with a functional FFWD?

TIA

John P