[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Steve Milner mythtv at stephen-milner.me.uk
Wed Jul 22 16:26:47 UTC 2009

On 22/07/09 17:12, Mark Garland wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I'm really not sure how the RingBuf works - I've been looking around the net
> for any documentation without luck.  If you know of any, please let me know!
>
> My setup is Ubuntu 9.04, with KDE.
>> From repositories, 0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8 for both backend and frontend.
> Video hardware is an AMD/ATI 780g (Radeon HD 3200).  I'm using the Open
> Source Radeon driver as the proprietary one doesn't get on with myth very
> well.

Hi Mark.

Cast your eyes over this article:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Jyeh

It suggests that a slow pro without XvMC may cause some problems with
stuttering & sound - which is my issue.

The RingBuf may be a red herring and the lockup may be as a result of
your video driver.

You might like to read this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ATI_Proprietary_Driver

Regards,