[mythtv-users] lirc problems in ubuntu 9.04

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 21:21:21 UTC 2009

Scott Traurig wrote:
> Lirc worked great in 8.10. After updating to 9.04 everything worked fine
> except lirc. No more remote for my myth :-(

I had the same problem and was unable to get it to work so I went back
to 8.10 and plan on waiting until the next release before upgrading.

PS - 9.04 also screwed up my lid switch screen blanking on my hp laptop
and 8.10 worked perfectly. Not their best release by any means, feels
like it was rushed to meet the release schedule.

PPS - On my laptop I was able to upgrade to 9.04 simply by changing the
version in the sources.conf file and upgrading. That preserved my lid
switch function as no config files got overwritten.

W.