[mythtv-users] Division by zero error in MythWeb video section

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Jul 21 16:28:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Johnny<jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/error.log or access.log) from that time
>> provide any hints?
>
> There doesn't seem to be anything relevent in the error.log file. In
> the access.log file there are a bunch of these lines:
>
> 192.168.1.201 - - [20/Jul/2009:22:01:46 -0400] "GET /mythweb/data/video_cove
> rs//tvdb-171767.jpg HTTP/1.1" 304 - "http://pvr/mythweb/video" "Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ch
> rome/2.0.172.37 Safari/530.5"
>
> I don't really know what the access.log is or if that indicates any
> kind of problem. But there are a lot of these GET statements for the
> video thumbnails.

apache is the web server.  It can be configured to log, to various
levels and types, all web accesses.

What you are seeing here is that apache found the file and served it
up to the app (mythweb), so the problem isn't path related.  I think
this also means there aren't any permissions problems.   A path or
permission problem would likely be reflected in the error.log, and
look something like this:

[Tue Jul 21 11:25:33 2009] [error] [client 127.0.1.1] File does not
exist: /var/www/mythweb/data/video_covers/filename.jpg

I'm thinking that it looks a problem with mythweb or how it is
configured.  Perhaps someone else has some ideas...

   Marc