[mythtv-users] Flash streaming through a non-standard HTTP port?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 21 14:16:13 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 09:27 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> I am using Mythbuntu 8.04 with Myth 0.21 (long in the tooth, I know).
> I enabled the experimental Flash server and it works well on my home
> network which Apache serves on port 80.  Because my ISP blocks port 80,
> I have Apache serving the Internet on a non-standard port (with
> authentication).  Everything about MythWeb is working fine except that
> I can't play the Flash video. The player loads and the video thumbnail
> is displayed, but when the Play button is click the player screen goes
> blank and no video appears.
>
> I find nothing in either syslog or the access log to suggest a kernel
> firewall or Apache configuration that is stopping things.  Does the
> Flash player use port 80?  If so, that will need to be addressed and a
> new port assigned.  Where might I go about addressing that?

It's a known issue with (what has been described as an easy fix).  See
http://mythtv.beirdo.ca/ircLog/channel/1/2009-07-07 starting with the
first mention of "#3859" (no quotes) and pay particular attention to
what kormoc says.

Basically, the problem is that no user has properly described their
configuration (port proxying versus proxy server), so Rob was never able
to figure out what bug they were talking about.  Finally, in IRC he got
all the info he needed to describe the problem and the proper solution
(meaning all the instructions are in that IRC log).

Please do up a (proper) patch and attach it to #6692 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6692 ).

Thanks.
Mike