[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase with EIT data

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 20 22:28:08 UTC 2009

On 07/20/2009 06:18 PM, Richard Morton wrote:

> That's really weird then.
>
> All the upcoming recording section was empty, so was the recording
> schedules but as soon as I went into setup, stopping the backend then
> allowed mythfilldatabase to run everything was back to normal.
>
> Anyone seem symptoms like this?

That sounds a lot like your backend lost its connections to the MySQL
server.  When you restarted the backend, it got new connections, so it
was working fine.

If it happens every day (or every 8 hours), it probably means that your
backend is unable to detect dead connections or unable to reconnect.
You can set MySQL's wait_timeout and interactive_timeout in
/etc/mysql/mysql.ini (or wherever your distro puts it) to small values
(like 120 --2mins) to test if the backend recovers.  They default to
8hrs worth of seconds (though your distro may have modified the defaults).

I've heard reports that some versions of MySQL/MySQL libs/Qt-MySQL
drivers/something cause huge delays when Myth needs to
reconnect--possibly long enough that Myth gives up.

Mike