[mythtv-users] 8 Port SATA PCIx card

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Mon Jul 20 18:01:05 UTC 2009

...hot swap disks...
>Neither of these are huge advantages for home use, since most home users
>would just shut the system down to swap out a failed drive.

I find it a lot of use (I can even hot-swap the disks in my server when they
are not in a hot-swap caddy [pity that out of my 12 disks, several have
failed in the non-hot swap side, and none have failed in the hot-swap side
:-( don't get to play]). And I think the OP said they were using an SM
chassis? These usually have good hot-swap caddies.