[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Jul 20 15:19:26 UTC 2009

On Mon Jul 20, 2009 at 02:56:14PM +0100, Albert Graham wrote:

> On 07/19/2009 06:29 PM, Janne Grunau wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 04:00:22AM +0100, Albert Graham wrote:
>>
>>> I have got got 12 dvb devices and would like to record every movie
>>> everyday on every channel forever (unless previously recorded).
>>>
>>> If the rule can be setup using mythweb that would be great.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how I can do this ?
>>>
>>> I would also (secondary) like to record everything on every channel
>>> everyday - I mainly want to do this to harden my system, for example,
>>> for DVB-T (UK) I have a tuner dedicated to each of the six Muxes, with a
>>> separate tuner for Live TV.
>>>

>> It will probably overload the scheduler, the "all movie" rule might
>> already be too much. The scheduler is not optimized for this "simple"
>> situation.
>>
>> You can ease the load by creating a video source per capture card
>> containing only channels from a single transport. If that's still too
>> much I fear the scheduler has to be modified to skip the in this case
>> useless conflict resolution.
>>
>> Janne
>>
> That is exactly what I have done, so there should never be a conflict.

You might also find it helps to put in a time limit on the schedule - I
can't remember the exact syntax, but something like 'and start_time <
now() + interval 1 day'.  This'll prevent the scheduler wasting it's
time by trying to schedule more than a day in advance.  You could even
cut this right down to an hour or two if necessary - if you're recording
absolutely everything then it shouldn't matter.

Cheers,
    Robin
--
     ___