[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Mon Jul 20 13:53:00 UTC 2009

On 07/19/2009 01:22 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:00:22 pm Albert Graham wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have got got 12 dvb devices and would like to record every movie
>> everyday on every channel forever (unless previously recorded).
>>
>> If the rule can be setup using mythweb that would be great.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can do this ?
>>
>> I would also (secondary) like to record everything on every channel
>> everyday - I mainly want to do this to harden my system, for example,
>> for DVB-T (UK) I have a tuner dedicated to each of the six Muxes, with a
>> separate tuner for Live TV.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>

> Keep us posted on progress! my Boss is very interested on doing this in Oz -
> only need 5 tuners.
>
> Why do you wish to do this? (Just curious).

We'll I'm build the worlds most advanced MythTV System - I know that's a
huge statement but when I'm finished - its going to be unbelievable.
Some parts are still "secret" as they have never been done before and I
want to be the first.

I've got about 15TB remote storage, the MythTv box boots off the network.

The is how it looks right now, as you can see there is about 45 ltrs of
water in my custom water cooling system - and its heavy :(

http://www.g-b.net/cimg0356.jpg

Daytime:

http://www.g-b.net/cimg0376.jpg

This is the motherboard - I still need water blocks for the memory:
http://www.g-b.net/cimg0390.jpg

The next phase of this project is so mad, I can't even mention it :)

Albert.