[mythtv-users] lirc installation

Srinivas Gowrisanker sgowrisanker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 16:13:26 UTC 2009

Hi ,

I have been trying to use the remote that came with hauppauge PVR150 and
I have not been successful. I have tried searching the forums but have
not had success. I use Fedora 11 with 2.6.29.5-191.fc11.i586 kernel. I
have the Myttv suite installed from fedora 11 repo.

This is what I did following this link

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PVR150_Remote

After choosing Hauppauge TV card when I run "save configuration and
configure" I get an error saying I need the kernel source which I have
installed (I also have the kernel headers). Here is the error

/*configure: error: *** you need to have the Linux kernel source
installed for this driver*/

How do I fix this. I have not been able to find a solution. Any
comments/suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Regards
Jimmy