[mythtv-users] Channel icon mods for Mythweb and MythUI

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 20:27:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've been doing some work on making channel icons prettier in Mythweb and
> to a lesser extent, MythUI (0.22). I've finally gotten it the way I like it,
> making the channel icons not look squashed and giving them slightly more
> prominence. I've written up my changes and provided some before and after
> screenshots here:
>
> http://monopedilos.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mythweb_mods
>
> Because this applies both to theming of MythTV and of Mythweb, I'm posting
> this to mythtv-users and mythtv-theming. If anyone can make any suggestions
> regarding preserving the aspect ratio of images while fitting into a maximum
> boundary size in the pre-0.22 themeing scheme and/or OSD, please let me
> know.
>
> Feedback (both the changes themselves and the documentation) welcome!

Hi Christopher,

I like your changes a lot.  The*one* thing I personally would want to change
about it is that I don't like that the mythweb aspect changes allow the
channel heigts to be variable.  It would be nice if you could enforce that.

Otherwise, I strongly encourage you to submit patches for each of these
changes, I already mentioned it to the mythweb maintainer and he doesn't
seem opposed to it.

Robert