[mythtv-users] State of mythtv on the beagleboard

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Fri Jul 17 19:53:36 UTC 2009

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mark J. Small
>Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 1:34 PM
>Subject: [mythtv-users] State of mythtv on the beagleboard

>Hi everybody,
>

>Does anybody know how well mythtv will run these days on a beagleboard
based computer.

>I know that there are patches for ffmpeg to support acceleration by the
DSP, but have these

>made their way in to myth?
>

>I'm asking because the new Touchbook (www.alwaysinnovating.com) is
coming Real Soon

>Now, and I'm eyeing it for a kitchen based SD frontend. I figure if I
hang one of these things

>under my kitchen cabinet, I'll be able to watch TV while I cook.

I too have my eye on the Touchbook. The only reason I have not put in my
order is I still

have not read a good third party review. I have not heard anything bad,
but the vast majority

of reviews I have seen lack detail.  I am debating on if I should just
buy one. Touchbook

has a 15day no-questions-asked return policy that looks rather tempting.
I am so close to the

edge; I really want one but at the same time I have been burned by
products I know little

about....

If you get one, please post a review. ;-)

Have fun!

~Stack~