[mythtv-users] CBS/NBC 1080i and telecine

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:53:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Andre Newman<mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2009, at 16:02, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> longer appears to be the case.  Maybe over time they'll stop these
>> various bizarre practices.
>
> Please don't complain, this is an example of a broadcaster actually doing
> the right thing for once!
> I hadn't thought for a moment that any US broadcaster would be so far
> thinking to encode in this manner, I'm off right now to try playing some
> telecine'd CBS shows at 24fps, that 3:2 pulldown drives me nuts. If I'm
> really lucky I can flip the 3:2 pulldown flags in the transport stream and
> play the stream at 25fps.
>
> Many many thanks for spotting this and pointing it out.
>
> Andre

I wasn't complaining about the change at all...the mixed frame rate
stuff is one of the bizarre practices I was referring to.  I meant
that the change could be a sign that they're getting their act
together.  I really don't understand why they're mixing progressive
and interlaced frames...that's really odd.

Tom