[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jul 15 17:40:35 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 11:29:45 Glenn Sommer wrote:
> In my house LiveTV is used about as much as recordings.
> The main reason why LiveTV is still used in my house - is that mythtv
> sometimes fails to record a show - but tuning into the same channel
> using LiveTV always works. (note: This is NOT because there's any
> conflicts or anything... MythTV simply does not always tune correctly
> - and it has NO error handling/correction for that!)
>
> So, if there's something I REALLY need to watch, I find LiveTV more
> reliable compared to making a recording!
>
> MythTV is still only in version 0.21 - so one should NOT expect it to
> be ready for everyday use!

Nice to see a user acknowledge that.

But I would still try and figure out why you don't have reliable tuning. Even
using an IR blaster I have never had a mis-tune in many years.

There is no feedback to Myth that a channel has been properly tuned, as you
mentioned. Since most of the devices being tuned provide no return
information that would be hard to do without a human verifying the tuning.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org