[mythtv-users] Strange VDPAU error

Staffan Pettersson staffan.pettersson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:44:25 UTC 2009

I to are having the same problems. I am running trunk 20588 with
dvb-s2 patches for watching hd channels. vdpau has giving me a hard
time. It has been hard to figger out what is making my system crash
but i have narrowed down to vdpau nice deinterlacers! If i use
temporal or advance 2x my system either hardlocks (need to powercycle)
or while watching a video it says "recovered for video error".

I have now set up a playback profile that workes pretty well! i am now
using ffmpeg with yadif 2x for sd contents and vdpau with bob 2x for
hd material, Have been running this for 2 days now without a crash
:=). Sometimes it does exit to the main menu with "to many video
errors" but that seems to be rare.

I really hope someone has the time to update the s2api patches to
newer trunk :=)
My gtf card is a 8600gt 512 mb

Kind regards Staffan