[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Jul 15 11:50:46 UTC 2009

> I have very little experience with Kaffeine, but I will try to inhale
> some knowledge to see if I can get it working. The tip that signal
> strength may not be indicator of perfect picture is worth of note. I
> doubt this is relevant, but I will mention it.

It's straightforward, but you need to use Kaffeine on the box where you
have your tuners.

Somewhere in the setup it lets you specify exactly which UK tramsmitter
to use. I don't have KDE installed here or I could be more specific.

>> Does the LiveTV OSD
>> give you a high bit error ratio figure (BER) whilst tuning?
>
> That's interesting. How do I get that displayed?

It should be there by default on the OSD when you change channel:

Signal xxx | S/N xxx | BE xx | (LMS) xxx

Ian.