[mythtv-users] Digital Audio - HDMI vs SPD/IF

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:55:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/7/14 Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>:
> > High-def audio, for one.  Hopefully, Myth will support this one day.
>
> The latest ffmpeg update has brought the HD sound codec to myth...

So does this mean that a media player (I'm assuming mplayer, but can be
whatever) can now output Dolby TrueHD and/or DTS MasterHD as a bitstream out
the HDMI port on an nVidia card?  Or is it limited to decoding everything to
LPCM?  Does it keep 7.1/6.1?  Is this something that anyone has in place?
Is there a HOWTO?

jim