[mythtv-users] Digital Audio - HDMI vs SPD/IF

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:31:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Allen Edwards<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Second, some amps have HDMI outputs so when you select a source, your
> TV gets the new video as well as the speakers getting the new audio.

Thanks, Allen...I was just about to point that out.  To elaborate, my
Onkyo not only has multiple HDMI inputs and one output (for the TV),
it also upscales video (better than my TV does) when video comes from
a Composite source, and translates component sources to HDMI.  Thus,
everything from my old VCR, my new Blue-Ray, and my Myth box all go to
the receiver, then only 1 cable goes to the TV.  Quite nice, actually!
--
Doug