[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 14 11:55:42 UTC 2009

Hi Mike

Out of interest what is the model and brand of your TV?

I know some more recent Samsungs, for example, display all the pixels using a VGA input.  It is a variation of some smarts towards
answering the problem and if your set does this then you are ahead of those whose sets don't correct at all, however it would be
better if the option was available on all inputs.  Your TV is almost certainly expecting to display a video image that your
manufacturer thinks should be overscanned on all inputs - except the VGA - which is clearly expecting a PC's output.  They have
presumed that you would not wish to display a PC image on any of the other inputs.  What did their promotion literature say, this
may be consistent with the promotional material and not overly misleading?