[mythtv-users] DVB and closed captions / subtitles

Thomas Mørch tmorch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:45:17 UTC 2009

I have some problems with subtitles on some of my dvb channels.
the problem appears as some lines are missing, and occasionaly it's out of
sync, and even staying on the screen too long.

The subtitles are transmittet as teletext, not as a seperate dvb stream.

I also noticed another problem, that if I go in to the menu and select my
language for subtitles (danish), then myth thinks that I want to have
swedish instead. Actualy, no matter what language I select it just uses
swedish. It does however start on the correct language, when I initialy
switches to the channel.

I have a via epia M10k for frontend, no local tuners. I'm using xvmc-vld for
playback. Can it be that my frontend is underpowered, that it can't handle
decoding the mpeg stream, and afterwards decoding the teletext, for the
subtitles?

Any sugestions is highly welcomed, as my wife is a bit tirred of the
subtitle mess.

/ Thomas