[mythtv-users] Pictue problems. (Hardware details now included!)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:12:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM, David Morgan<david at bassbags.co.uk> wrote:
> The deinterlacer was set to linear, so I tried all the other options. None of the options changed the picture quality with any noticeable improvement. The "woven" effect I refer to is most noticeable on plain backgrounds and is like a check pattern made from dark lines forming little slanted squares. It also seems most noticeable in 16:9 format. If I squash the picture to 4:3 format it's not so noticeable but everybody is so tall and thin.
>
> As for the audio I have to keep un-checking and re-checking the capture check box in the mixer panel to get the audio to work.

Please bottom or inline post on this list.

Sounds like you are referring to macroblocking, then.  Edit your
recording profiles and modify bitrate and resolution settings to your
liking.

The audio means you have misconfigured your capture settings/mixer.
There is a section on this in the Myth docs at www.mythtv.org:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

Robert