[mythtv-users] No sound via HDMI on my Yamaha RX-V465 A/V receiver

Razorblade Razorblade at kabelbw.de
Mon Jul 13 14:43:32 UTC 2009

@ Jason
I did enable the one (and only) iec958 device in alsamixer.
This is the only device/switch in alsamixer.

@Allen
Sorry if I did not describe this more clearly.
My Setup:

MythBox - Yamaha - TV --> video but no sound (Yamaha displaying "No
audio input Signal")
MythBox - TV --> video and sound
Windows(on different hard drive but same box) - Yamaha - TV --> video
and sound

My hdmi plug is hw:0,3. I tried entering this in mythtv and I also tried
ALSA:hdmi.

I do not have an asound.conf.
What do your changes do in this asound.conf?

Bjoern