[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 12 02:58:47 UTC 2009

On Saturday 11 July 2009 20:37:44 Tortise wrote:
> Hi Todd et al
>
> I made a subsequent post agreeing with you about SD sets and clarifying
> that I felt the threshold should be where a TV (and projector - really any
> relevant display device) manufacturer promoted a set could display a
> specific resolution then I cannot see it any other way than the set should
> display that resolution - including the full pixel count, and not an
> overscanned version of it - unless they specifically and clearly made sure
> the consumer understood they were getting a cut down overscanned
> version....something I have yet to see, has anyone seen that - or the
> option to turn it off to get the full resolution and pixel count as varying
> recent sets do.  Manufacturers have recognised the problem, but too late -
> and not done the backward fixes I believe they should.  If it were a US car
> safety issue would it have been done?

<Much Snippage>

Didn't someone win a lot of money against one of the hard drive makers on a
1000/1024 dispute?

Perhaps you should contact whatever attorney handled that case.

False advertising claims have been around for as long as civilization, and
perhaps longer. England used to have the death penalty for forging hallmarks,
hmmm... Nobody does that anymore.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org