[mythtv-users] Can myth audio settings be changed via a script?

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 21:34:36 UTC 2009

> > After writing all this it seems my best option is a script to change these
> settings in the database before I start myth. Is this possible?
> >

> Can the TV take a spdif input?  Your MB may have two spdif outputs.
> All Asus MBs have an internal spdif connector that needs just a couple
> resistors and a capacitor or an adapter board to make useful.
>
> Allen

Unfortunately the TV does not have any digital inputs - other than hdmi.

I have found a simple work around that works OK. If I set the passthrough device as ALSA:spdif any AC3 goes to spdif which then plays through my receiver. This satisfies most of my requirements as I only want to use the receiver for surround sound.