[mythtv-users] gentoo, latest mythtv - mythfrontend has no text

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:05:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:56 AM, Chris Poole<chris at chrispoole.com> wrote:
> This sounds like something suggested with an issue I had. Try the
> suggestion here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/387659#387659
>
> Chris

Thats interesting.  I only had the missing text issue the first time I
booted after the upgrade and after switching back and forth between
themes it's been fine ever since.  However my upgrade did in fact
upgrade udev and that did apparently do away with the
/usr/bin/udevinfo symlink.

Apparently this was a choice of the upstream udev project, not just
the Gentoo ebuild:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-713778-highlight-udevinfo.html

Tom