[mythtv-users] Several of Issues after install.

Kevin Duensing kjduensing at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:42:28 UTC 2009

Mike,
I'm pretty new to this, and I'm not sure about your other items, but I was
having trouble with point #2 as well.  Try creating a script (eg: tune.sh)
with this code in it:

#!/bin/bash
  function tune {
    # Make sure an argument was passed.
    if [ -z "$1" ]; then echo "Use: $0 /dev/<device>" ; return ; fi
    # Try to make sure we're working with a /dev/xxx item.
    if [ -c "$1" ]; then
       dd if=$1 bs=1024k count=2 &>/dev/null
    else
      echo "Error: $1 is not a device."
      return
    fi
  }

  tune "/dev/video0"

 I've done this on my mythbuntu box and it works fine.  You might have to
change some elements for your Fedora setup.

The script above was from  this
guide<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600> on
the mythtv wiki.  It's for a hauppauge 1600, but you might be able to glean
some other useful information from it.

Good luck,
Kevin