[mythtv-users] bad analog recordings from PVR-150

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:47:34 UTC 2009

> This is set in mythtv-setup. I record at the default 2.2GB/hr mode and
> 720x480 off my cable system. 480x480 at the same bitrate was bad. I
> tried to view your sample on my windows box at work and it appeared to
> not be a bitrate problem. Well that is if media player was viewing it
> correctly. I will try that at home.

This is correct that you can change all of this in settings under your
recording profiles. However, your problem is something more
significant than just having a lower quality from low resolution or
low bitrate. The audio was corrupt, there appeared to be problems
locking the signal or some other severe corruption in the encoding. I
would make sure your channels are scanned in properly and that you are
using the correct frequency table. I would check that you are getting
a clean signal on the actual input you are giving to the card rather
than just assuming you get the same signal throughout the house.