[mythtv-users] AU Guide Data?

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Thu Jul 9 05:25:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>wrote:

> Schedules Direct is looking to expand outside of the US.  The three
> largest groups of non-US/CA MythTV users are UK, DE, and AU.  All three
> of these countries have data options available, but AU is the only one
> with several different providers (both free and commercial).
>
> I'm wondering if any AU users would be willing to weigh in on the
> choices between paying for data from IceTV or one of the other
> commercial providers vs a free/open source like OzTivo.

Shepherd and icetv are the two big ones for mythtv users.
IceTV is neat, but too expensive.  They're more than Tivo was when I
was in the US, but offer worse data quality.

Shepherd is a constantly moving target.  It's an excellent piece of
software, but
has lots of dependancies and moving parts.  It's also got data quality
issues in that it does the best with the info it has, but that info is not
good to begin with.

Were schedules direct available in AU for $50 AU a year or less, with the
data quality of the US version, I'd be on it in a minute.