[mythtv-users] Frontend vanishes when exiting 'Watch recordings'

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:58:03 UTC 2009

Larry Finger wrote:

> If you change the execution line to '/usr/bin/mythfrontend >>
> mythfrontend.log', then you also have a log entry of why it died.
Will this give me a better/different/more detailed log than I get from
"Mythbuntu Log Grabber" ?

Where can I edit the execution line? This is a Mythbuntu system and it
is set to autostart the frontend. When it quits I restart it by
selecting it from the menu.

Sorry to be asking such dumb questions, I'm a little lost in Ubuntu and
the GUI. This is not a lot like Sco and AIX that I am more familiar with.